EMDR Therapy Training Online for Perinatal and Infant Mental Health with Dr. Mara Tesler Stein
Part I: January 25 - 27, 2021
Part II: March 15 -17, 2021
10:00am-6:30pm CT each day of training
Join Dr. Mara Tesler Stein for a perinatal focused EMDR Therapy Training Online with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. This training offers the Part 1 & Part 2 curriculum normally offered in-person, including all practicum components, in a convenient, online format. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is known for focusing only on the standard EMDR therapy protocol in our initial training, with proper attention paid to dynamics like dissociation and complex trauma, for optimal implementation in clinical settings. The mindfulness-informed and trauma-focused thread that runs through all of our instructional offerings make the implementation of standard EMDR therapy with more complex cases possible from the beginning of your EMDR training experience. In this online format, you will experience an unprecedented opportunity to learn adaptations for telehealth, while still being able to get grounded in how to use EMDR therapy for in-office applications. The training components, when combined with successful completion of a post-test and ten hours of required consultation, meet all requirements for completing an EMDRIA-approved training in EMDR therapy.
This training is ideal for clinicians who respond well to self-directed assignments and can adapt well in an online learning format. Also be advised that as part of EMDR therapy training, you are required to do some of your own personal work in the practicum sections of the course. If you are feeling any trepidation about completing your training in this format, please wait until in-person training is possible or widely available again. By registering for this course in this online format, you acknowledge you are aware of this component of the training. Please feel free to direct any questions you have to email@example.com before registering.
Click on the individual courses listed below for more information on each training included in this EMDR Therapy Training.
I offer foundational EMDR therapy training for perinatal mental health therapists who want to train with their fellow specialists. We use the outstanding Institute for Creative Mindfulness curriculum that prepares trainees to treat all trauma, not only perinatal trauma. Learning with your fellow perinatal mental health specialists means that the questions, examples, and frame of reference emerge from a shared passion and focus on improving the care given to women, babies, and families across the perinatal period. As the trainer, my observation is that members of these groups connect with one another, allowing for deeper learning and fostering solid community building.
For more on how I came to develop this program, watch this video.
By Registering For This Training, You Acknowledge And Agree To The Following:
- My presence at the entire training is required, all sessions, on video as an attendance verification. No partial credit can be awarded.
- Technological Requirements: Attendance at all live sessions on the indicated dates is mandatory for the completion of this course. These live lectures and practicum sessions will be hosted by the video conferencing platform Zoom. Links for joining these live sessions via zoom are included in the course portals. These links will prompt you to download the Zoom software if you have not already done so, and will then connect you to the session. Please plan on joining a few minutes early for troubleshooting if you are not already familiar with the platform. For more information on how to join a Zoom meeting, please read through this article. By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge that you meet the technological requirements needed to participate.
- Additional Reading Requirements: Please take note of the EMDR Therapy Training Reading List. EMDRIA requires that you purchase and read Francine Shapiro's Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, which is available for purchase at Amazon and other retailers.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge you have read and agree to The Touchstone Institute's Organizational Policies, which stipulate the terms for refunds and cancellations.
- Consultation: Required 10 consultation hours are not included in the cost of online training. We structure our program so that you are able to work with any of our ICM approved consultants or consultants in training. Our consultants represent a wide range of specialties at a variety of price points. In the spirit of ICM's mission, emphasizing trauma-focused care and tailoring the most effective program for our individual trainees, we believe the choice of consultant is important to the overall learning experience.
- Since you are registering for this training especially for perinatal specialists, you may choose to obtain all 10-hours of consultation with your trainer, Mara Tesler Stein. For those attending these trainings, there is an option to purchase a discounted 10-hour consultation bundle.
- Payment: The purchase of this training is broken into two payments of $675.00 USD, with the first being due at the time of purchase and the second a month later. Second payments that fail result in the thinkific system automatically unenrolling trainees. This is built into the platform and something we are addressing. In the meantime, please be mindful that the credit card you use for your first payment will be valid for the second or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if there's been a change. If you should become unenrolled, don't be alarmed, just reach out to us to arrange the second payment and we will reenroll you.
- Professionalism: By registering for this training, I acknowledge that I will show up on time and be fully present for each session, reaching out to my faculty member or any assistants if any unexpected problems arise. Staying present for online learning can come with its unique set of challenges, and I agree to take full responsibility for addressing my needs in the area of grounding and self-care during the training. I agree to refrain from all alcohol and illicit drug use during the training and agree to speak with my faculty member or an assistant if I anticipate that my impairment due to prescribed medications might pose a problem during the training. The faculty and staff reserve the right to remove trainees at any time if trainee impairment creates an unsafe environment for myself or for other trainees.
- Doing Your Own Work: Throughout the training, I will be expected to participate in a working practicum experience in the role of therapist, client, and observer. This means that I will be expected to do a small piece of my own, authentic clinical work. If I am currently in counseling or being treated for a mental health condition, it is recommended that I speak with my provider, alerting them that I am participating in the training. If I've received a major mental health diagnosis (past or present), I acknowledge that I am taking this training and engaging in this practicum at my own risk and that I will alert faculty or training staff before or during the training if any complications arise. I acknowledge that everyone taking part in the practicum experience is new to EMDR therapy as fellow clinicians learning alongside me and I agree to keep the space as safe as possible for all involved. If any problems arise, I agree to address them with faculty or staff members.
- Please make sure to read about our training program and eligibility, associated costs, and logistics prior to registering. Please also note, that by taking the training in this distance format, you are required to pass a quiz following the second part of the training, per EMDRIA guidelines.
Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.