Complete Your EMDR Therapy Training Online with Suzi Rutti
Part I: November 20-22, 2020
Part II: January 29-31, 2021
9:00am-5:30pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME each day of training
Join Suzi Rutti, LISW-S for EMDR Therapy Training Online with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. This training offers the Part 1 & Part 2 curriculum normally offered in-person, including all practicum components, in a convenient, online format. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is known for focusing only on the standard EMDR therapy protocol in our initial trainings, with proper attention paid to dynamics like dissociation and complex trauma, for optimal implementation in clinical settings. The mindfulness-informed and trauma-focused thread that runs through all of our instructional offerings makes implementation of standard EMDR therapy with more complex cases possible from the beginning of your EMDR training experience. In this online format, you will experience an unprecedented opportunity to learn adaptations for telehealth, while still being able to get grounded in how to use EMDR therapy for in-office applications. Dr. Jamie Marich brings her nearly fifteen years of experience as an online learner, educator, and media content producer to this new format for teaching clinicians EMDR therapy. The training components, when combined with an additional ten hours of required consultation and successful completion of a post-test, meet all requirements for completing an EMDRIA-approved training in EMDR therapy.
This training is ideal for clinicians who respond well to self-directed assignments and can adapt well in an online learning format. Also be advised that as part of EMDR therapy training, you are required to do some of your own personal work in the practicum sections of the course. If you are feeling any trepidation about completing your training in this format, please wait until in-person trainings are possible or widely available again. By registering for this course in this online format, you acknowledge you are aware of this component of the training. Please feel free to direct any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
Click on the individual courses listed below for more information on each training included in this EMDR Therapy Training.
By Registering For This Training, You Acknowledge And Agree To The Following:
- My presence at the entire training is required, all sessions, on video as an attendance verification. No partial credit can be awarded.
- Technological Requirements: Attendance at all live sessions on the indicated dates is mandatory for completion of this course. These live lecture and practicum sessions will be hosted by the video conferencing platform Zoom. Links for joining these live sessions via zoom are included in the course portals. These links will prompt you to download the Zoom software if you have not already done so, and will then connect you to the session. Please plan on joining a few minutes early for troubleshooting if you are not already familiar with the platform. For more information on how to join a Zoom meeting, please read through the following article: https://www.howtogeek.com/662339/how-to-join-a-zoom-meeting/. By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge that you meet the technological requirements needed to participate.
- Additional Reading Requirements: Please take note of the EMDR Therapy Training Reading List. EMDRIA requires that you purchase and read Francine Shapiro's Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, which is available for purchase at Amazon and other retailers.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge you have read and agree to ICM's Organizational Policies, which stipulate the terms for refunds and cancellations.
- Consultation: Required 10 consultation hours are not included in cost of online training. We structure our program so that you are able to work with any of our ICM approved consultants or consultants in training. Our consultant represent a wide range of specialties at a variety of price points. In the spirit of ICM's mission, emphasizing trauma-focused care and tailoring the most effective program for our individual trainees, we believe choice of consultant is important to the overall learning experience.
- Payment: Purchase of this training is broken into two payments of $675.00 USD, with the first being due at time of purchase and the second a month later.
- Professionalism: I acknowledge that I will show up on time and be fully present for each session, reaching out to my faculty member or any assistants if any unexpected problems arise. Staying present for online learning can come with its unique set of challenges, and I agree to take full responsibility for addressing my needs in the area of grounding and self-care during the training. I agree to refrain from all alcohol and illicit drug use during the training and agree to speak with my faculty member or any assistant if I anticipate that my impairment due to prescribed medications might pose a problem during the training. The faculty and staff reserve the right to remove trainees at any time if trainee impairment creates an unsafe environment for myself or for other trainees.
- Doing Your Own Work: Throughout the training, I will be expected to participate in a working practicum experience in the role of therapist, client, and observer. This means that I will be expected to do a small piece of my own, authentic clinical work. If I am currently in counseling or being treated for a mental health condition, it is recommended that I speak with my provider, alerting them that I am participating in the training. If I've received a major mental health diagnosis (past or present), I acknowledge that I am taking this training and engaging in this practicum at my own risk, and that I will alert faculty or training staff before or during the training if any complications arise. I acknowledge that everyone taking part in the practicum experience is new to EMDR therapy as fellow clinicians learning alongside me and I agree to keep the space as safe as possible for all involved. If any problems arise, I agree to address them with faculty or staff members.
- Please make sure to read about our training program and eligibility, associated costs, and logistics prior to registering. Please also note, that by taking the training in this distance format, you are required to pass a quiz following the second part of the training, per EMDRIA guidelines.
Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
This is live interactive webinar based training. This is a beginner level course. Attendance at all live sessions, and course evaluation is required to receive CE Certificate. Course evaluations are made available after all live sessions have been completed within this course portal. Upon completing the evaluation, participants will be able to download their CE certificates.
EMDR International Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education in EMDR Therapy by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) Approval: #10002. Completion of Part I constitutes partial training in EMDR Therapy.
Both courses in the bundle are approved for 21 CE credits by the following approval agencies:
State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for counselors, social workers, and marriage/family therapists. Approval: #RCS091306
American Psychological Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved by American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
National Board of Certified Counselors
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP no. 6998. The ACEP is solely responsible for this program, including the awarding of NBCC Credits.
Association of Social Worker Boards
Institute for Creative Mindfulness, #1735, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/16/2020 – 03/16/2021. Social workers completing this course receive 21 continuing education credits.