EMDRIA Approved Online EMDR Therapy Training with Dr. Stephen Dansiger
Part One: May 14-16, 2021
Part Two: June 25-27, 2021
8:30am-5:00pm Pacific each day of training
Join Dr.Stephen Dansiger for EMDRIA Approved Online EMDR Therapy Training with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. This training offers the Part 1 & Part 2 curriculum normally offered in-person, including all practicum components, in a convenient, online format. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is known for focusing only on the standard EMDR therapy protocol in our initial trainings, with proper attention paid to dynamics like dissociation and complex trauma, for optimal implementation in clinical settings. The mindfulness-informed and trauma-focused thread that runs through all of our instructional offerings makes implementation of standard EMDR therapy with more complex cases possible from the beginning of your EMDR training experience. In this online format, you will experience an unprecedented opportunity to learn adaptations for telehealth, while still being able to get grounded in how to use EMDR therapy for in-office applications.
The training components, when combined with an additional ten hours of required consultation and successful completion of a post-test, meet all requirements for completing an EMDRIA-approved training in EMDR therapy.
This training is ideal for clinicians who respond well to self-directed assignments and can adapt well in an online learning format. Also be advised that as part of EMDR therapy training, you are required to do some of your own personal work in the practicum sections of the course. If you are feeling any trepidation about completing your training in this format, please wait until in-person trainings are possible or widely available again. By registering for this course in this online format, you acknowledge you are aware of this component of the training. Please feel free to direct any questions you have to email@example.com before registering.
Click on the individual courses listed below for more information on each training included in this EMDR Therapy Training.
By Registering For This Training, You Acknowledge And Agree To The Following:
- Your presence at the entire training is required at all sessions, on video, as an attendance verification. No partial credit can be awarded.
- Technological Requirements: Attendance at all live sessions on the indicated dates is mandatory for completion of this course. These live lecture and practicum sessions will be hosted by the video conferencing platform Zoom. Links for joining these live sessions via zoom are included in the course portals. These links will prompt you to download the Zoom software if you have not already done so, and will then connect you to the session. Please plan on joining a few minutes early for troubleshooting if you are not already familiar with the platform. For more information on how to join a Zoom meeting, please read through the following article: https://www.howtogeek.com/662339/how-to-join-a-zoom-meeting/. By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge that you meet the technological requirements needed to participate. If you require technical assistance, you are required to reach out to your instructor at least one week prior to the start of training.
- Additional Reading Requirements: Please take note of the EMDR Therapy Training Reading List. EMDRIA requires that you purchase and read Francine Shapiro's Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, which is available for purchase at Amazon and other retailers.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: You have read and agree to ICM's Organizational Policies, which stipulate the terms for refunds, cancellations, and resolving grievances and disputes.
- Consultation: The EMDRIA-required 10 consultation hours are not included in cost of online training. We structure our program so that you are able to work with any of our ICM approved consultants or consultants in training for consultation hours to supplement the online training. Our consultant represent a wide range of specialties at a variety of price points. In the spirit of ICM's mission, emphasizing trauma-focused care and tailoring the most effective program for our individual trainees, we believe choice of consultant is important to the overall learning experience.
- Payment: Purchase of this training is one payment of $1350 or can be broken into two payments of $675.00 USD, with the first being due at time of purchase and the second one month later. Note that requests for refunds are governed by ICM's Organizational Policies.
- Professionalism: You will show up on time and be fully present for each session, acting in a professional manner. You will reach out to your faculty member or any assistants if any unexpected problems arise. Staying present for online learning can come with its unique set of challenges, and you agree to take full responsibility for addressing your needs in the area of grounding and self-care during the training. You agree to refrain from all alcohol and illicit drug use during the training and agree to speak with your faculty member or any assistant if you anticipate that your impairment due to prescribed medications might pose a problem during the training. The faculty and staff reserve the right to remove trainees at any time if trainee creates an unsafe or unprofessional environment for you or for other trainees, or for any other reason, at their sole discretion.
- Confidentiality: There is no client relationship or other privilege that would create a duty rising to the level of clinical confidentiality in this training setting; however, you are expected to respect the confidentiality of other trainees in the group, and your trainer will explain the importance of confidentiality. Trainees who observe a problem with another trainee are expected to bring the problem to the lead trainer or other training staff. Similarly, if a staff member observes an issue with professionalism, they reserve the right to discuss that issue with the lead trainer.
- Preparedness for Doing Your Own Work: Throughout the training, you will be expected to participate in a working practicum experience in the role of therapist, client, and observer. This means that you will be expected to do a small piece of your own, authentic clinical work. If you are currently in counseling or being treated for a mental health condition, it is recommended that you speak with your provider, alerting them that you are participating in the training. If you have received a major mental health diagnosis (past or present), you acknowledge that you are taking this training and engaging in this practicum at your own risk, and agree to alert faculty or training staff before or during the training if any complications arise. You acknowledge that everyone taking part in the practicum experience is new to EMDR therapy and agree to keep the space as safe as possible for all involved. If any problems arise, you agree to address them with faculty or staff members.
- Training Information & Eligibility: You have read our EMDR Therapy Training information page prior to registering. Please also note that by taking the training in this online format, you will be required to pass a quiz following the second part of the training, per EMDRIA guidelines. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an EMDRIA-Approved provider to serve clinicians in the United States and Canada, only with certain limited exceptions. If you are a clinician living outside of the United States or Canada, we suggest that you contact the Institute for Creative Mindfulness first or check in with your regional organization (e.g., EMDR Europe, EMDR Asia, EMDR Australia). A U.S.-based training may not be accepted for accreditation in your country.
- Correspondence from Training Organization: The Institute for Creative Mindfulness regularly sends correspondence about the training, including an email confirmation at registration and several emails leading up to each training. The emails presently come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, The Institute for Creative Mindfulness may send out emails from email@example.com. If you are not receiving these emails, you are required to check your Spam folder as correspondence from new organizations often ends up there. Once you receive your first correspondence, please save the email to your address book. If you have not received a confirmation email or other correspondence from the organization within seven days of the event, it is your responsibility to reach out to us by email or phone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns
This is live interactive webinar based training. This is a beginner level course. Attendance at all live sessions, and course evaluation is required to receive CE Certificate. Course evaluations are made available after all live sessions have been completed within this course portal. Upon completing the evaluation, participants will be able to download their CE certificates.
EMDR International Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education in EMDR Therapy by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) Approval: #10002. Completion of Part I constitutes partial training in EMDR Therapy.
Both courses in the bundle are approved for 21 CE credits by the following approval agencies:
State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for counselors, social workers, and marriage/family therapists. Approval: #RCS091306
American Psychological Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved by American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
National Board of Certified Counselors
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP no. 6998. The ACEP is solely responsible for this program, including the awarding of NBCC Credits.
Association of Social Worker Boards
Institute for Creative Mindfulness, #1735, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/16/2020 – 03/16/2021. Social workers completing this course receive 21 continuing education credits.