For the past 2600 years, Buddhist mindfulness and the therapies and practices connected to this system of healing have contributed to psychological and spiritual relief to millions of people. More recently, our own understanding of the brain and nervous system has brought scientific and therapeutic underpinning to those old understandings of human well being, with Francine Shapiro’s development of EMDR therapy and the AIP model representing a particular highlight. This course is aimed at therapists both experienced and not-yet trained in EMDR, offering an advanced insight into how mindfulness can enhance the power of EMDR , and also offering colleagues trained in other therapeutic approaches an introduction to how EMDR works.
Please note, you have 30 days from the time of enrollment to complete this course.
- After this course, participants will be able to define mindfulness in a classic sense and explain the meaning of mindfulness-informed interventions as a modern clinical term
- After this course, participants will be able to apply no fewer than five mindfulness-informed interventions in clinical situations, making appropriate adaptations in the spirit of trauma focused care
- After this course, participants will be able to modify classical mindfulness practices for receptivity by clients based on clinical needs for safety and flexibility
- After this course, participants will be able to define trauma with respect to the adaptive information processing (AIP) model of EMDR therapy and explain clinical relevance for trauma focused care
- After this course, participants will be able to summarize the history of how EMDR therapy was developed, taking special care to emphasize the mind-body elements, reflecting mindfulness principles and attitudes in the development of EMDR therapy
- After this course, participants will be able to critically analyze a demonstration in EMDR therapy as an extension of mindfulness-informed practice
- After this course, participants will be able to discuss how fusing mindfulness-informed interventions and EMDR therapy offers a new solution for delivering trauma focused care in mental health and addiction services
- After this course, participants will be able to evaluate professional needs for enhanced training in either mindfulness-based interventions and/or EMDR therapy and to explain how such further training/formation can benefit clinical practice
This course meets the requirements for 6 Continuing Education credit hour by the CE approval bodies listed below:
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education in EMDR Therapy by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Course Approval: #10002-DL14.
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Institute for Creative Mindfulness, #1735, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/16/2021 – 03/16/2024.
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (OCSWMFT) for counselors, social workers, and marriage/family therapists. Approval: #RCS091306
This is a hybrid, self-paced distance learning course, comprised of reading material and video content. This is an intermediate level course. Completion of all modules, a course evaluation, and post-test is required to receive CE Certificate. Course evaluations are administered after completing all course modules. The post-test is comprised of true/fasle and multiple choice questions and requires a passing mark of 75%, and is administered after completion of the course evauluation. Upon passing the post-test, participants are able to download their CE certificates.
This course was first published February, 2017.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.