The 8-Phase Protocol in Action: EM/Drama Therapy
Presented by Daniel Doyle LMFT, LPCC
February 5, 2021
11:00am- 6:30pm EST
EMDR therapy provides a lens through which other modalities can be viewed and practiced. This training will focus on how drama therapy can be practiced through the lens of the Standard Protocol and the AIP Model. Incorporating concepts from EMDR Therapy into group work, which is often a major component of treatment, can inform interven- tions and enhance the therapist’s effectiveness. This workshop begins with the foundations of the standard protocol and integrates elements of mind- fulness practice, drama, art, and movement. Infusing creative arts ap- proaches with EMDR concepts creates opportunities for deepening work and structuring sessions. This training will be rich in content (adding tech- niques to practitioner’s “tool boxes”), and highly experiential and interactive.
After attending this course, the participant will be able to...
- Identify 3 interventions for incorporating EMDR Standard Protocol concepts into experiential group exercises for Phases 1 and 2.
- Identify 3 interventions for incorporating EMDR Standard Protocol concepts into an experiential group exercises for advanced resourcing (Phase 2.5).
- Describe the concepts of the Triune Brain, the Fight, Flight, Freeze, or Fawn response, and the Adaptive Information Processing Model. Participants will depend their understanding of how the brain processes trauma.
- Identify 2 interventions for incorporating EMDR Standard Protocol concepts into experiential group exercises for Phase 6.
- Identify 2 interventions for incorporating EMDR Standard Protocol concepts into experiential group exercises for Phases 7 and 8. Participants will learn to expand on the traditional Container Exercise (including facilitating these exercises in a group setting as a collective experiential exercise) and how to approach Phase 8 from an embodied and group perspective.
This course is approved for 6 CE credits by the following approval agencies:
State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board for counselors, social workers, and marriage/family therapists. Approval: #RCS091306
EMDR International Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved provider of continuing education in EMDR Therapy by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) Approval: #10002. The program "The 8-Phase Protocol in Action: EM/Drama Therapy" is approved for 6 EMDRIA credits (#10002-93)
American Psychological Association
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an approved by American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Institute for Creative Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
National Board of Certified Counselors
The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP no. 6998. The ACEP is solely responsible for this program, including the awarding of NBCC Credits.
Course Description and Objectives
Completing Your Course Evaluation and Downloading Your CE Certificate
The 8- Phase Protocol in Action: EM/Drama Therapy Evaluation: February 5, 2021